Due Diligence | Assurance
Background Checks & Executive Screening
Background checks into senior executives, managers and new hires, entails rigorous interrogation and analysis of information gathered from a range of open sources, subscribed databases, press articles, company registries, court searches, public records and documents, as well social media platforms.
Our Fit and Proper checks and background screening covers multiple global jurisdictions and research is performed in various key languages.
Our team of Analysts and Associates interrogate the individual’s CV, application forms and corporate history specifically looking for adverse information and risk, including undisclosed red flags, conflicting findings, false or exaggerated statements and report these findings to the client.
Industry Insight: Management Due Diligence
We provide clients with an independent analysis of an applicant’s character and assess the appropriateness of their professional background by speaking with former colleagues, clients, senior management that had previously worked with the applicant.
Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD)
When dealing with individuals or companies established in high-risk jurisdictions, or are exposed to other cases of high risk, organisations are required to apply Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) measures to manage and mitigate those risks appropriately.
Organisations are required by anti-money-laundering directives, to assess, as far as reasonably possible, the background and purpose of all complex and unusually large transactions. This also includes researching any unusual transaction patterns, which do not have any economic or lawful appearance.
Our EDD goes above and beyond financial regulatory requirements as well as setting “good governance” in other industries.
- We engage trusted local on-the-ground and human sources which provides an additional level of assurance that online sources cannot
- We determine the subjects’ integrity, ability, reputation, and possible exposure to sanctions lists and litigation
- Providing clients with accurate and detailed intelligence they can use to confidently make business decisions
- Perform industry insight interviews in relation to senior executive hires or directors of listed companies; as well as listed companies themselves
Regulatory Compliance (Financial Services)
Furnishing clients with relevant background intelligence enables them to make sound investment decisions, whilst knowing their compliance and regulatory fears are protected.
Our analysis of new territories, emerging markets, ultimate beneficial owners, third-party risks, Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) and on-going Fit and Proper monitoring provides clients with a new standard of due diligence.
We regularly assist Nominated Advisers, corporate finance teams, brokers, venture capital and private equity companies helping them:
- adhere to the FCA’s Senior Managers and Certification Regime (SMCR) regime
- implement Enhanced Due Diligence requirements
- comply with the London Stock Exchange rules for AIM directors/shareholders
- adopt anti-corruption and anti-money laundering rules and guidance
- design and implement FCPA compliance programmes; and
- undertake background checks for consumer credit organisations who fall under Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 regimes
- complete Management Due Diligence (MDD) insights
- review cyber risk landscapes and ICT due diligence