We are here to PROTECT your brand from infringement and keep your customers safe.
Brand Protection Services
World trade in FAKE goods is rising.
Our brand protection services helps clients identify whether their products are being counterfeited. Trademark infringements are serious Intellectual Property crimes that defraud consumers. They threaten the health and safety and violate the rights of trademark, patent, and copyright owners. Moreover, “Fake” or “Forged” products pose a significant threat to consumers’ safety by putting their health and safety in jeopardy.
Alcoholic beverages, food products, electronic goods, software, toys and luxury items, automobiles and aircraft parts are being maintained with substandard or counterfeit parts. This continues to be a huge risk to consumers and the brand owners’ reputation.
Our team helps brand owners gather the evidence required to produce prosecution packages for private and criminal proceedings.
We offer a truly GLOBAL reach.
Based in Dubai UAE, our brand protection headquarters gives us local knowledge when we are asked to assist clients with brand protection services. We complete market surveys, test purchases, trademark infringement, law enforcement liaison and intellectual property due diligence research. Our services cover the UAE and across the Middle East. Recent cases have involved working in the UAE, Kuwait, Oman, Bahrain, Iraq and Saudi Arabia.
TenIntelligence has a long, established and trustful relationship with local Law Enforcement Agencies (including Police, Customs, Departments of Economic Development, Ministries and Municipalities) across the UAE. Working alongside the Agencies, allows our brand protection services and infringement investigations to help identify and remove counterfeit products safely.
Identify | Enforce | Destroy
Our brand protection services begin with IDENTIFYING counterfeit and infringing products. Then followed by carrying out ENFORCEMENT action with local UAE Law Enforcement Agencies. Finally, having goods seized until issuance is received from the Courts for its DESTRUCTION.
- Check the validity of new trademarks, domain or brand names.
- Performing in-use investigations and domain name investigations as part of the IP due diligence process
- Conduct test purchases to confirm the originality and infringement of the products.
- Performing due diligence into the suspected traders to identify any associated businesses.
- Proactive searches for online and physical trademark infringement in the UAE and META regions.
- Perform site visits to known and suspected premises to collect trader details, images and descriptions of products and other supporting evidence.
- With our clients’ instructions, we arrange enforcement action and file complaints directly with the relevant Law Enforcement Agency (LEA).
- We liaise with the LEA to arrange suitable timings for the enforcement and notify supporting logistics companies to attend the raid site.
- During the enforcement action, our team will perform a count on the number and type of products seized.
- Prepare enforcement reports along with supporting witness statements and submit to the LEA.
- Our clients are updated regularly throughout the entire enforcement process.
- Our work does not stop there. The team will ensure the case is transferred from the LEA to the relevant Court and have the products released and destroyed.
- After attending the controlled destruction process, we provide clients with a destruction certificate.
- Finally, we submit enforcement action reports accordingly.