Identifying and gathering digital evidence is key to successful litigation and dispute resolution.
Digital Forensics is an investigation discipline that often provides evidence to support an internal fraud investigation or cyber-attack. Our Forensic Examiners are trained to recover and investigate material found in digital devices, including hard-drives, servers, laptops, smart-phones, networks and storage media by imaging these devices for further analysis and evidence review.
Our Examiners often identify evidence including the recovery of deleted company emails, encrypted files, documents and spreadsheets, sales proposals, altered documents, internet browser histories, internet emails, hacking, transfer of files, uploading of external devices and the recovery of other electronic generated documents.
Our advice is to act quickly by contacting TenIntelligence as soon as possible. Don’t try and recover or search for documents yourself, as your activity will alter the date and time stamps embedded in electronic documents and transactions, which could render the evidence as inadmissible.
All documents that could be relevant must be secured at the earliest possible stage of an investigation and retained and handled properly thereafter. The significance of all the documents that could be relevant to the suspected fraud should be considered. As part of our investigations, we will:
- secure, schedule, interrogate and analyse evidence legally obtained from the client’s communication records, data entry logs, audit and financial statement reviews and personnel files
- review of evidence gathered from digital forensics, CCTV footage, mobile surveillance, interviews and profiling research
- identify evidence from Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) and Human Source Intelligence (HUMINT) methods
- interrogate online media and press databases, court documents, global business filings, property records, web-based communities and social networks to support the evidence gathering process
- summarise the key facts, with supporting evidence, in an easily presented manner