TenIntelligence conducts its business globally in accordance with the provisions of this Ethics Policy and expects its Suppliers to observe the Policy provisions and to demonstrate a similar commitment to an on-going programme of ensuring and, where necessary, improving, ethical and environmental practices.
Our Ethics Policy helps define our commitment to support a culture of openness, trust and integrity in all we do. We will continue to improve the quality of our services and operations, creating a reputation for honesty, responsibility, integrity, trust and independent business judgment.
Our officers, directors, advisors, employees, consultants and affiliates shall:
- not compromise our principles for a short term advantage
- seek to report all information accurately and honestly
- comply with applicable government laws, rules and regulations
- not offer or receive gifts, gratuities, fees, bonuses or excessive entertainment, in order to attract or influence business activity
- focus on the value that people add and not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, ethnicity, religious beliefs or any other factors protected by law
- disclose any unethical, dishonest, fraudulent and illegal behaviour directly to the management
- maintain the confidentiality of information entrusted to them by our Customers except when authorized or otherwise legally obligated to disclose
- be honest and ethical in their conduct, including the handling of actual or apparent conflicts of interest between personal and professional relationships
- protect and ensure the proper use of company assets
This Ethics Policy was made effective on November 1, 2012 and supersedes any other ethics policy. TenIntelligence retains the right to modify this policy or any of its sections at any time to make it more adaptable to the evolving needs of TenIntelligence, its employees, customers or applicable laws.