TEN INTELLIGENCE LIMITED
PRIVACY NOTICE – POSTAL MARKETING
Ten Intelligence Ltd (“TenIntelligence”, “we, “us”) respects the privacy and legal rights of the individuals and organisations we deal with.
TenIntelligence is a private company incorporated in England and Wales with company registration number 08134087 and registered address at 40 Churchill Square, Suite 3, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent ME19 4YU.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), we now have to supply data subjects with Privacy Notices that contain significantly more information than they do under the Data Protection Act 1998. This is in order to meet new requirements about being transparent and providing accessible information to customers / individuals about how we are going to use their personal data so that they are fully informed and are aware of how they can exercise their rights under the GDPR.
This Privacy Notice set outs details about the personal information we collect, process and hold in relation to our marketing activities.
What personal information do we need?
TenIntelligence will only collect basic personal data about you, which does not include any special categories of personal data (often referred to as ‘sensitive personal data’) or criminal conviction data.
The personal information we may collect, process and hold include your name, job title, work address, work contact details and email address.
We will not collect, process or hold any personal data about you that we do not need for our marketing activities.
Why do we need this personal information – legal basis of processing
Direct marketing by post
From time to time we may like to send you information about our company, services, events or industry updates (including our quarterly issue of “TenInsight”) by post. Using your personal information for this purpose is in our legitimate commercial interest to promote our services and to grow our business as a whole. We will not send you marketing information by telephone, email or SMS, unless you have expressly consented to this.
Of course, you have a right at any time to stop us from sending you marketing information. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, you can let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What we do with the personal information?
All the personal information we hold about you will be processed by our staff in the United Kingdom. TenIntelligence will not pass on your personal information to any third parties and no third parties will have access to your personal data unless there is a legal obligation for us to provide them with this. Your information may be stored on a cloud-based system whose servers are located within the European Union. We take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is processed securely.
Any personal information we use for purposes of direct marketing by post will be kept with us until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive such marketing information.
For further information about our data retention policy and schedule, please contact email@example.com.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you free of charge. However, please note that we may charge a reasonable fee when your request is manifestly unfounded, excessive or repetitive.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
In the event that TenIntelligence refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, which you will have a right to legally challenge.
TenIntelligence at your request can confirm what information it holds about you and how it is processed.
You can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of TenIntelligence or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (ICO)
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
To access what personal data is held, identification will be required
TenIntelligence will accept the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested: a copy of your driving licence, passport, birth certificate and a utility bill not older than three months. A minimum of one piece of photographic ID listed above and a supporting document is required. If TenIntelligence is dissatisfied with the quality, further information may be sought before personal data can be released.
All requests should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning +44 (0) 203 963 1930 or writing to us at The Data Protection Officer, Ten Intelligence Limited, 40 Churchill Square, Suite 3, Kings Hill ME19 4YU.
If you wish to raise a complaint about how we have handled your personal data, including in relation to any of the rights outlined above, you can contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com or by phoning +44 (0) 203 963 1930 or by post at The Data Protection Officer, Ten Intelligence Limited, 40 Churchill Square, Suite 3, Kings Hill ME19 4YU, who will investigate your concerns.
If you do not get a response within 30 days, or if you are not satisfied with our response, or believe we are processing your data unfairly or unlawfully, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) at 0303 123 1113. You can find further information about the ICO and their complaints procedure here: //ico.org.uk/concerns/.